OLPH Kamloops

< Back

Our Lady Of Perpetual Help (OLPH)

Roman Catholic


Our Lady Of Perpetual Help parish was created from the Sacred Heart parish in the 1950s to serve North Kamloops.


1953: The OLPH parish was created and 3 lots were purchased for them on the North Shore by the Roman Catholic Diocese.

June 1953: Building committee was formed and groundbreaking occured for the main building.

December 1953: Building was unfinished, but first Mass was celebrated.

August 1954: The congregation officially moved into the completed building.

October 1959: Building committee began to canvas for funds to build a school on one of their available lots.

1961: The school was completed.

1962: Four women from Nova Scotia were invited to serve the new school and the parish. They accepted and arrived during this year.

October 1992: Groundbreaking occured on the third available lot for the Parish Centre.

September 1993: Parish Centre completed.

Meeting Places

635 Tranquille Rd - Our Lady of Perpetual Help Parish (OLPH)

635 Tranquille Rd - OLPH Parish Centre

235 Poplar St - OLPH School

Leadership History

Congregation Website

Meeting Times

See website for daily Mass schedule.

Information Sources

https://www.olphkamloops.ca/about/parish-history. Accessed June 2023.

  1. “OLPH congregation celebrate 25th year”. Kamloops News. 14 September 1979. A24