Uploaded Image

< Back

St. George's Church



Around 1900: Anglican worship began in North Kamloops

5 March 1927: Meeting held at home of Mr and Mrs Venables. Meeting resulted in support for founding of Anglican church in the North Kamloops area

March 1927: Lot purchased at current location of St George’s Church

April 1927: Building constructed

18 October 1927: Building was in use. It was officially dedicated on this date.

1930: Lych gate arch donated from St Peter’s Church in Goose Lake, Knutsford

1938: Vicarage built beside the church. Eventually named “Shekinah”. Currently the building is used for parish meetings, offices, and outreach.

After World War II, many Japanese Canadians came to North Kamloops. Japanese services were held for them at St George’s for many years.

27 September 2023: Final services were held at the Royal Avenue building. Leadership made efforts to relocate parishioners to St Paul's Cathedral or the Monte Creek parish, so that spiritual care was maintained.

30 September 2023: The congregation discontinued use of the Royal Avenue building.

Meeting Places

Leadership History

Congregation Website

Meeting Times

Sundays 8am and 10am

Information Sources